Sure the hell miss that dog. . best damn dog I've bred, and yeah, that includes Ms Gossip who's a nice damn dog in her own right. Found this definition of a heart dog, and it fits"
If one is lucky, one is gifted with the absolute joy of a heartdog. What is a heartdog? "I've always loved all of our dogs, Borzoi or not, but there have been a few that put a pawprint that remains forever on my heart. A heart dog is that special one. Probably not the prettiest, smartest or healthiest, but rather the one that seems so to fill your heart, bring a smile to your lips, and you feel is closer to than your best friend. The one that seems to have so many special qualities that may or may not be seen by the rest of the world. They are terrible to own as you know you can't replace them and you dread each passing year. They give you more love and joy than you ever thought possible, then break your heart when they leave. However, you will gladly bear the pain, than not to have had the joy of their presence." (courtesy Diana Moos with a slight change of breed) "
Was working on my website, and put up the new pics I've got of him, and started crying. . .for those people who've never had a heartdog, they'll make fun of me, but then they've never had that bond I had with this dog. And I pity them, because they're missing out on a wonderful thing. . .I've had two heartpets, Schatzi & Obie, and miss them both terribly.
No comments:
Post a Comment