Thursday, May 5, 2011

Treasure

Well, Treasure's still ticking, still snuggling in bed, still talking to me, still demanding to be petted. We took him off of lasix last week since my vet doesn't think it's his heart and he started eating, not what he should be eating, but with his belly full of ascites, not a lot of room to eat. . .but he is eating on his own. In fact, 9 times otu of 10 he'll pop up with interest at the sound of the popcan.

I think my vet is surprised at how bright eyed and alert he was when we went in Monday. .. he tried palpating him, but could feel nothing because of the fluid. He drew some off, sent it to the lab, but it was inconclusive. We may attempt another ultrasound.

I've started crating him during the day. Pippens can be a little jerk sometimes, as can Herbie, Treasure's littermate. . .it also allows him the leisure of eating his canned food without the butthead twins eating it first. As soon as I open it, he jumps shakily on the bed and curls up, waiting for me to join him. He's been enjoying kitty crack(catnip), and loves nothing more than being brushed, Vane little boy.

He has his good nights, like last night, where he spent all night on my bed, either on my pillow or at my feet. I woke up with him curled up against me, purring. . not sure if it was a good purr or a "Mommy I hurt Purr". . .so we spent time cuddling before I had to get up. Night before, he spent most the night on the dog bed, may've been softer than the human bed. or maybe he got sick of Mom's tossing and turning. .

A little apprehensive about going out of town next weekend. . last time i left a sick kitty at the kitty spa, I lost her. . .I know he'll get the best care, but thankfully I won't be too far away if need be. . .

No comments: