Wednesday, June 29, 2011

A new face

was given a wonderful gift recently. . a new puppy.


Yeah, I know, i need a new puppy like I need a hole in my head :) but this puppy will fill a hole in my life right now.


I have 6 dogs. . .none of them have any inkling of wanting to be an Obedience/rally/agility dog. .Touchet is too old at 12.5, Dei I will only allow low level agility equipment, but no jumps, because she's 10.5, Grins has a nano second brain and has never learned how to do jumps, he barrels thru them, Secret. .Secret is a princess, she gives orders, she doesn't take them LOL. Ziva is currently a spaz and Bella is a Princess in training. . .I've tried all the younger dogs on the agility equipment, and none of them seemed keen on it, so I was holding out in hopes that a Secret puppy would have the 'zest' and desire to work for me, especially agility.


My friend commented they kept finding one of her puppies on top of a dog house, an adult Borzoi sized dog house, since she was 3 months old. .told her if she was interested in the bunny, I wanted her. I took the lure toy out and put food down, and the pups all mobbed the food bowls, started shaking the bunny, and bam, here comes Ms Goat herself(with her lovely brindle brother on her heels). Yep, she was keen, she wanted the bunny more than she wanted her dinner!


Took her out of the yard, and put her on the dog walk, bounce bounce bounce, happily trotting across the dog walk at 5.5 months old. . yep, I was really thinking of takign this puppy




Bounce working the real dog walk


Took her out with me this weekend to a racemeet, and to my surprise, there was agility equipment set up.. now Dei always got stressed and wouldn't work out for me in strange places, so before we ran I took her over, boing boing boing, over the dog walk, not once, not twice, but three times by the end of the day.


Walk on the way up the teeter


Took her to the teeter. . this she wasn't as sure of, but by the end of the day, I got her to do it, with me holding her harness, twice! I was so pleased. I then took her over to stand at the box, and although she jumped when it opened, she wanted to take off with the salukis, not much bothered by the LVCC's box at all. And everyone loved her. . .a few wanted to steal her :) So, introducing my agility hopeful: Bounce!Have no clue how to start a puppy, but we're goign to have fun!


Tired bounce after the end of a long day


So, introducing my agility hopeful: Bounce!Have no clue how to start a puppy, but we're goign to have fun!
I

1 comment:

Holly said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!