Friday, February 1, 2008

preparations



So, got the thumbs up from Touchet's co owner, and we're goign to go ahead with the young boy I want to use. . any breeding is a crapshot with her age, might as well go for the one I really really want.

Touchet has so much to offer, beautiful width, spring of chest, little ears, dark eyes, nice hare feet and a wonderfully sweet temperament. Hoping she'll do her silly Borzoi dance for me so I can video tape it this weekend, as she's hysterical. Her beau in waiting has the things she needs, from straight, low set tail, to a slightly flatter topline, to prey drive. . omg does he and his entire litter have prey drive.

I hope she gives me 5 pups. . one for Marie, one for Tricia, one for John, one for me, and one other to sell. .as this is going to be one expensive endeavour, but if we get pups as nice as the first one, it'll be worth it. To tell you the truth, there were only 2 pups out of her first litter i'd consider as nonshowable, the rest are gorgeous, even if they are in pet homes.

So, later this month will get her thyroid done, and retest her heart. it was clear 18 months ago, but I forgot to send it into OFA. . and if I can get her eyes done, will get her CHIC number. .not concerned about eyes, but stud dog owner wants the thyroid. Fine by me. I'm doing the heart due to the BS so many spread about all pickle hill dogs having bad hearts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can I call dibs on one if it comes out looking like Secret?