So this girl I was so hoping for, so looking forward to, gets to my friend's house, and is a freaking spook. terrified of her own shadow, terrified of the other dogs, hid in her crate all weekend, not coming out even when nobody but the hubby was home, and Al's not a loud guy. so scared of Gossip's brother, she attacked him and he hid in his owner's room all weekend.
OH well, it happens. . knowing the situation she came out of before going to this woman's house, knowing she hadn't even been leash broke by 10 months, I had wondered if she'd be ok mentally. I know of other dogs who came from the same situation who never were ok. So when the owner changed her mind because her daughter hadn't stopped crying, I had no problem letting her go back. . I don't have the time or energy to deal with a dog like that. .did it once before, and it was a pita and a long process. And I don't need to put all that time in a dog only to find out she's unfixable, then what do I do? Or even worse, think I fix her mind, and find out it's genetic. Temperament's too important to me, and that's a nightmare I don't need.
Oh well, back to the drawing board LOL. Fern offered me a girl to replace Touchet,so not like I don't have other options! Wish I could afford to fly out and hand pick a girl like Marie did. May have to check into that. It's unfortunate Touchet's look alike sister never got bred, I really like what Touchet X Races gave me, only one of them is truly a pet, and it doesn't matter to his owner, Ashley loves him. I warned them when they picked him out as a baby I couldn't promise anything, and they understand.. . but Fern's got two nice young girls I really like. May have to call her tomorrow.
I got photos of Raven (Mir son bred by Terry Steele & Billie Thibeaux) at his new home: Hawaii! It's so neat to see him in his army uniform. From what Billie told me, he's got his grandmother's temperament. One of the reasons I refused to give up on Kyra's get, is that wonderful temperament. May he do his breeder proud :) From the pics, looks like he's settled in quite well, the ham.
May or may not decide to be masochistic this weekend and take Grins to a funmatch. . he has two speeds, dead asleep and full speed ahead. Basically depends on how much energy I have lOL I also plan to take Chantilly as they're having a LGRA practice, need to know if I have a new dog to run this fall :) NOw if I could only get her to agree to letting me take out Tip or First. . .I'm afraid i'm conditioning Reba for just sprints, and she'll be hitting coursing this fall :P AM may be tehre to see if he'll run :)
Other than that, may try the agility place again: )
No comments:
Post a Comment