Time, where does it go?
It doesn't seem like its been 6 yrs since I lost my Kyra. .. nor that it's been 11 yrs since she gave me my second litter or almost 17 since I joined the Borzoi world. .where does the time go?
It seems the older I get, the faster it flits away from me.
Sometimes I think we wish it away. . we're wishing this small lump of clay known as a newborn puppy would hurry up and grow up so you can pick who was staying, then you're wishing they're old enough to do something with, forgetting to enjoy puppyhood, then you're wishing they're old enough to give you the next generation, and then before you know it, their inky black face is now staring lovingly up at you with a gray mask and eyes clouded with old dog cataracts and you're wondering where that beautiful gait went as they stiffly get up, their bones sore with arthritis. . .and then suddenly you're staring into their sweet face, tears rolling down your face as you say good-bye.
This really hit home last year, when I was letting my sweet Dei go. . .she didn't live anywhere near as long as I wanted. It didn't feel like it'd been almost 11 yrs since she'd been born into my hands. . it seemed only a little whle ago she was chasing her brothers around the pasture, her puppy curls as white as the snow they played in, and definitely not three years ago that she gave me the NCIS litter.
It doesn't seem like Ms Touchet should be officially 13 yrs old. It seems like just a few years ago that she came into my life, a silly shy California girl who had no clue what to do in the first showfall she was in, but now she's creaky and cranky, and the oldest dog in the house.
So, where does time go? And is there any way to slow it down. . .maybe stopping to sniff the roses. . but I'm not sure. . .
No comments:
Post a Comment