What a wonderful nice weekend. Weather didn't cooperate Saturday with pouring rain, but it was pretty darn nice for Sunday with a nice breeze off the ocean.
Was a small meet, most of the Borzoi went to the II, but hearing what the conditions were, I was so right in saying screw that.
The ass kissers will deny it, but I've heard from a reliable source who has no problem stating it the way it is and will not bend to peer pressure just to be 'liked', that it was too damn hot on saturday, and crap assed lure operation on Sunday. I am tickled a couple of Northeasterns did well, with my buddy Wizard finishing with a BOB win at the II, he has only been in three ASFA trials, lol, wonder if John is even able to keep his head on work today LOL He didn't find out until today, since he was flying home from China yesterday. Wiz is Dei's intended :) I hope her pups get his intensity. Then Ariel's handsome boy Lemans and Wiz's brother also placed. But i'm still glad I didn't go.
Instead, I went to MAIGC's LGRA, and had a blast. Wonderful people, wonderful dogs, no nastiness, nothing, problems were dealt with politely. . and it was a great weekend, even if Gossip proceeded to break my last halemar muzzle. I've got a quick order in for replacements before this weekend, but boy she did a job on it, splitting the rigid plastic right in half, almost jabbing herself in the eye, and getting her jaws smashed over the end of the muzzle, caught over the p3's on her offshow side. .brat. She's a face pounder extraordinaire that's for sure.
Wham wham wham, as a friend said, i'm surprised they've lasted as long as they have(7 yrs) with the intensity of my dogs LOL. But, OTOH, considering what she did to herself this weekend, she's ready to go with Wiz & John to the next LGRA event while I sit home on pins & needles and wait to hear how they do LOL. She hogtied herself, covered herself with mud, slammed on those brakes, and came up sound and raring for more. Her fans said they'd help him out as needed.
And it'll just show how much further she has to go to get back into shape. Wiz, Novel, Indigo, Basa, all younger than she is, and darn fast, she's beat 'em before, but that was BEFORE the injury, so we shall see (Fingers crossed) I will worry, but alas, must work and help Bonnie set up for the PVBC meeting on Sunday. Thought of not going racing Sunday and letting JOhn take her, but with the new news that the proceeds benefit Karen Lorenzo with Mike's dr bills, i want to go so I can take extra dogs to support this.
Dei picked up 2 more points, sitting herself at 10 of 12 points needed to finish her GRC. Not at all bad for a 7.5+ yr old girlie, who didn't start running till last fall, tho she did tell me two full weekends was enough mom. . she's definitely tuckered out, but she's not used to this either. . .but she's made me proud, close quarters, being interfered with, she keeps going. . She's going to be the bed mouse for the summer til it's cooler for her to run, she was definitely not enjoying herself this weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment