Wednesday, June 25, 2008

More random thoughts

The last few months have been amazing watching Gossip get back into shape. She's not quite at 100%, but by the time racing comes back to this area, she should be.

Bonnie had told me that a dog with a flexible topline can go through some amazing changes, you can make them do amazing things with their topline (she showed me some photos of an adult dog she was able to do some amazing things with his toplines, heck it's why after a certain stage, I try to get self stacked photos of puppies!), and if they've been sick or crate bound it can definitely affect their topline as they lose muscle mass, and I've now seen that once again, she's right. It was a lot easier to see with Gossip vs Grins, as she was NEKKID. lol Grins has never been nekkid, my grey Tribble boy. She doesn't have a lot of topline anyway(built a lot like a good racing greyhound), it's just what I like, but it's not flat. .in the midst of her 7 month down time, it went flat. Now she's muscling up, and her topline is coming back :)

Now, after 6 wks of good hard running, it's coming back. Just in time for her coat to go again LOL

Heard back from the local shop with the agility room you can rent. Debating now on taking a class or just renting from them every other week. The class would be a good thing, could have help working her with the damn weaves,the only thing we'ev not mastered yet.

Took Dei out front after taking down the dog walk and the teeter last night. The look on her face when she tried to ignore me and go do the dog walk was hysterical, but, otoh, she did listen to me yesterday and I got her to do three jumps in the row, and gave her the aframe as her reward. May try and get up earlier in the day(ugh) in order to work her in the morning when there's no humidity, 10 minutes outside showed it was more humid than it felt, ick! Yes, Landon, I will try and get you more video of the doggy playing LOL

Had to go to Wallieworld last night, and made the mistake of walking thru the garden center. Found two star lillies in colours I've not seen before: White & Yellow. And I had to buy them LOL Yes, garden centers have become as bad as fish stores for me lOL I love my star lillies, and lost so many of them in the move, it's nice to find them again. So they're waiting to get planted in my garden ;)

1 comment:

Katalyst said...

GEEZ!

No puppies YET???