Friday, October 17, 2008

TGIF

Ever had a morning where it seemed like nothing was going right?

Forgot to set my alarm so I could get up early and put Gas in the Zoimobile. Since our move at work, it's a PITA to fight traffic to go into town to get Gas and the only gas station between here and work is usually 0.15 more than you can get elsewhere. . .well, didn't set that alarm earlier. Which also meant no time to fix breakfast, been trying to be good and fix breakfast to take to work. Usually fix two meals at a time, fry up some eggs and hashbrowns, or some pancakes, seems to hold off the munchies more if I don't eat til 9, vs at 6 am. . .but not this morning.

Then get out to the car, wtf are my keys? Not in my purse, not my work bag, get out, check the car, go in check my desk, check by the fish tank, I have been so good about putting my keys in the same place, but not this morning, panicked, ran up stairs, looked on the nightstand. . and then last place I thought to look, yesterday's clothes, yep, that's where they were. All the while, the cats are bitching cuz OMG, you did NOT give us a can of food this morning, how dare you. Meow meow meow. . spoiled rotten little sh*ts.

I hate mornings that start like this. . blech.

Work's been a bitch. . .feel like we've been on fast fwd for the last two weeks, partly because they don't trust the other three to do the new accounts, afraid they'll f*ck 'em up with the bouncing back and forth between systems, bane of being good at what you do and being intelligent. . .so, have a double work load. . .makes the day go fast, that's for sure. And with 5 flights of stairs to walk up each day (I hate elevators anyway LOL), makes for extra excercise. .but boy do your legs shake LOL. Oh lordie. PITA to get out of to go home tho, have to take the long way. . .but otherwise, enjoying it. .if only it was quieter. I like quiet around me, and you can only turn your IPOD up so loud before your ears hurt, and it still doesn't drown out customer service.

Looking forward to next weekend and abhorring the idea at the same time. Some days I work with G-Biscuit and think we can get that rally leg with NO problem, other days I want to hang her by her brindle ears. "Whatcha want me to do, Mom? Oooh, look butterflies. Sit? What's that mean? Oh is THIS what you want me to do?" Unfortunately there's just not a lot of rally run thrus around, but will do a drop in at class on Monday, and rent the room on Friday to refresh her brain, and then just go in, cross my fingers, and pray. She can do it, if she keeps her head on straight.

Thankfully the rings for OB & AB are not too far apart. . after sweeps will have to run over and let the ring steward know my predicament. Too bad they were only holding Rally the one day I entered gossip in the ring. . What I do to support my club. .at least if push comes to shove, I have two different people who can take Hairball AKA Umbra in the veterans ring for me, hell, he might move better for them than me now that he's having WAY too much fun in the ring.

And then the fun begins. . running every weekend next month. And nice entries if everyone shows up, including the possibility of 16 borzoi Thanksgiving weekend, wahoo! And two of the undefeated Borzoi in the country hope to come up and run head to head with Gossip. Shall be some really really nice running. Even have what's sounding like a nice entry the 1st weekend of November, despite the nationals being the same weekend. Most of the East coast can't/won't go, just not worth it, and too damn expensive. My iggy friend figured it out to be a $2000 trip if she went, with gas and hotel rooms, YIKES!!! And the NY event sounds like it's goign to have a nice entry too, granted after the last fiasco, don't count your eggs right? :)

Unfortunately, have decided after the pain I'm STILL in shoulderwise, that I won't be doing a long ride again, so won't be doign the SC event tho I had thought about it. Really wish they could figure out what's causing it.

And Brooks grandbabies are due next week. I can't wait

No comments: