Saturday, October 18, 2008

Thoughts

Kani's in season. . . And it's so tempting to breed her to Grins. She's never going to carry enough coat to show, since she's in season every 5.5-6 months, and goes down almost as naked as Kyra and only has good coat maybe 12 wks a year (6 wks at a time). She's young(3), she's probably more fertile than the other dogs we've been talking about breeding to him (all not due back in to next spring at least). The breedings we've had lined up either didn't happen or were cancelled. She's a lovely little girl, 27 inches tall, nice body, could use a prettier head(it's a Dutch head, not something I'm keen on on a bitch), lovely temperament, isn't as keen on running as I'd like to see her, but also haven't worked with her much. The times I've taken her, wasn't sure if she was running the squawker or running to me(tho Bob did say he thought she was chasing the squawker). What she doesn't have is confidence to do it(something Grins doesn't lack)

Thinking thinking thinking. . .

No comments: